Husband mentally tortures and refuses to take responsibilities

I am 31 years old woman. I have a 4 years old son. My husband mentally torture me. And refuse to take responsibilities of my and my son. What to do plz help me.

Hello,
File an FIR against your husband (u/s 498A IPC) giving detailed incidents of such mentally torture he has caused upon you along with names of witnesses, if any. Who will state the true fact before the court and police. Specify why you could not lodge the FIR before or at the time of incident.
You can also file an application under section 125 CrPC claiming maintenance for your child and for yourself. Take legal help

Anamika Pandey

You can file a case under section 125 of the Cr. P. C for your maintenance and for your son. And you can file divorce petition before the court if you don't want to stay with him . and then you can file a custody case for custody of your child.

Without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli

There are three legal actions which you can take against him.
1. Lodged a complaint against him for mentally torturing you at the police station which falls within your jurisdiction.
2. File an application for maintenance before the Learned Court
3. You can also file an application under various section under The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act (PWDVA) .

If your husband tortures you then go and file a complaint before the Magistrate under domestic violence act after making a police complaint. If the situation does not change, the only option that is left is to file a divorce on the grounds of cruelty.If you are not a working lady then you can file separate suit for maintenance.
Thanks.