Husband already married now not taking any responsibility

My husband married with me but he didn't told me about his first marriage, and now he doesn't take my responsibility, so what legal action should i take against him?

Answers (3)

As per your query

You can file complaint against your husband under section 419 for cheating, 494 for bigamy, and 495 for concealment of former marriage of Indian Penal Code. Simultaneously you can file application in court for maintenance and for shelter under the Domestic Violence Act. Can also file suit for divorce.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear client,as per Hindu marriage act no person can marry if the first wife is already alive and proper divorce procedure not done,in your case your husband committed 2/3 offences simultaneously, first is 420 of IPC, in this case, he has not cheated to you only but to the society ,as well as bigamy etc.send him legal notice about these offences .

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

If your marriage is valid then you can file domestic violence case against your husband or can file case in family court for maintenance saying that you have been cheated by your husband by performing second marriage, while first spouze is in existence

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Respected sir/Mam I am A. Arjun Ramaswamy from chennai, my wife gave a false police complaint among us in local police station , stating cruelty, hara…

Read More

Respected Sir/Madam, We are facing domestic abuse issue in my family. To give you a back ground, we are a family of 4 My father, Mother, Brother and …

Read More

मैं एक सम्मिलित परिवार से हूँ. मेरे ६ भाई है जिनका खुदा बि…

Read More

3 brothers and 3 sisters all married staying separately. Elderly mother staying with younger son. Other siblings not taking her. How to get all siblin…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue