How to protect myself if ex-fiance's family is threatening me

I broke up with my fiance 9 months ago. I moved on with my life. Now recently her family started calling my family and accused me of creating some fake account of her on Instagram and uploading her pictures. ( I dont even have account on instagram). They also mentioned that they are receiving some threat messages from random number and I used google trickery to create them. They even got a local police to call us (from his private mobile number) and threaten us with police custody even before investigation. They threatened to destroy my reputation in public, workplace and would create my fake account. They also gave threats of law on their side since the law favors women. They pressurized me to beg for forgiveness for the crime I haven't done, so that they can claim victory to their relatives. There is something fishy but the girl in question (ex-fiance) is not speaking the truth. What action can I take against the ex-fiance family for threatening us?

Answers (2)

240 votes

Respected Sir,
With Respect to your query first of all let me clear midst in the air by saying that if you haven't done anything there is no need to get scared. To prove that the Instagram account was made by you is a whole lot of a process. Secondly if you feel scared of thier actions there is provision in CrPC wherein you can go and intimidate police about the crime which is being done against you. For further details you may contact me or any other lawyer you may desire.

Saqib Gigani.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

80 votes

First of all you start recording a phone call of them ,after that if any offensive post about you they post on social media let me know

We can catch them under cyber law and Indian penal code for the crime
For that we don't need to go to police station we can directly go to the court with private complaint under 156(3) and file case against them

Or we can send them a legal notice

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."