How to file for a domestic violence case?

Sir I report complained in police station on 16/11/2017 but now my Case sent to the caw cell by the police station or I.O. I didn't get any call from family welfare or CAW Cell and I want to file an FIR against my husband but police officer not help me so , what I do for file a FIR in police station?

Answers (2)

Dear client, you can get again approach the police station or file an rti to know the status. In case you have the CAW cell contact details you can directly contact them or write to them asking about the status of your complaint. You may call for a detailed discussion to discuss further strategies on your matter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Incase the police refuses to lodge an fir you should approach a lawyer and file an application under section 156(3) and this gives the judge power to direct police to lodge an fir you can also approach the concerned dcp if the thana

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
8 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

my wife filed dv act against me.,my mother, grand mother, Its on progress for 4yrs. Now two sitting cross went.. Now my wife added a petition, that as…

Read More

If a girl does not want to marry but her family is forcing her to do so.... can their be something to help her…

Read More

Hi sir I want to know about hebeas carpus writ i had filed a petition against my wife father they kept my wife without her permission so when my heari…

Read More

I’m an 18 year old from New Delhi. My father has been an abusive person to me and my mother- verbal and physical. Worst things he has done include t…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue