How to deal with violence in family by elders

Taunts, mentally disturbance, torture, abusing language used in daily routine ...,etc . All the things happens on daily basis by grandmother and some people help out her in it . I don't know what should i do ? I just keep my mouth shut and if i reply to that they convert it into taunts, mentally torture . My mother is tolerating all from last last 26 years . They made my brother in their control. He speaks their tone and make noise in home ( speaking loudly and make environment noisy ) . Daily my grandmother pinch and put taunts on us. I am studying and my younger sister is just 10 . Should i take action on it or not ?

Answers (2)

Make recording of the taunts.then move court of Domestic Vilonce move Crimes against Women cell.Talk discuss to solve problems.They could be punished and you and your mother could be compensated.What you Think.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hi, your mom can file a case under domestic violence act and also can initiate criminal proceedings against grandmother
There are other remedies too.
For more information feel free to have a word with me
All the best

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My husband tortures son is 7 years old.he has an own house.i want him to handle his educational expenses.what should I do…

Read More

My situation is that i am kiving with my parents afyer my delivery. My husband lives kin aehmdabad and working in bombay. He is working in wipro proje…

Read More

Im Hindu got married last year June I'm from andhra Pradesh got married in karnataka Bangalore my mother-in-law n father in law and my husbands br…

Read More

My parents mentally abuse me . They've beaten me . They are forcing me for marriage against my opinion. One of my friend has tried to help me but …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue