How to deal with physical and mental torture by husband

i married in 2017,1 march. i have a baby of 4 months husband tortured me mentally and physically and has a extra marital affair too.i caught him red handed.he beat me cruelly.well nobody in the family believes me bcz i hv no proof against him. but i wrote so many cracaterless things about me just to get rid of him and his family.please suggest what i should do now he has all proofs against me which are nonsense so.can i put a case against him now &take action and can i get compensatition and money for my girl child for her living.please tell me it was arraing marrige.both sides are hindu.

Answers (2)

296 votes

In the above-mentioned query u have to be file a case of domestic violence against your husband and in-laws. In this case Please mention that you are a mother of a girl child. And after the delivery, your husband and in-laws are much violent against you and your daughter.
Thereafter you have to be file a case for maintenance under section 125 criminal procedure code. And the court awards interim maintenance i.e. approximately 10℅ of the income shown in the plaint.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

232 votes

Madam you can file a case under protection of women against domestic violence Act as he has an extramarital affair which shall be proved in court. In addition to this you can also file a case for maintenance against your husband in family court . You may also get maintenance in a case filed under domestic violence ACT. Forget about proof or other things as you you stand witness in your case and rope in some other independent person as witness from your side. You have not stated as to where are you living at the moment I.e. at your in-laws place or at your maika. Pls Move ahead and there is every possibility that due to case some sort of mutual compromise shall be arrived at amongst you. Hoping best for you.....Regards.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."