How much liability of son to pay mother's maintenance amount?

My brother earns around Rs. 2 lacs per month. Still he doesn't give much money to mother. Can we file a case on behalf of mother to get maintenance from son?

Answers (2)

162 votes

Definitely, there's a special act for women " domestic Violence act " under which your mother can claim maintenance as well all the relifs she is in need of. This is criminal prosecution and she will get immediate relifs on filing.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

84 votes

This is with regards your query. Yes your mother can seek courts intervention and file for maintenance as per law. You may consult an expert matrimonial lawyer at the place of your area and take necessary needed steps.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."