×

How can I be saved from being mentally harassed by insane mother inlaw

My mother-in-law is a mentally ill person. Now I'm 4 months pregnant and everytime she keeps nagging or verbally abusing me. I'm also having mood swings due to pregnancy and feel like self harming. My husband is just being caught in between all these issues. Her mental illness is actually affecting me and my baby... They are not ready to treat her... Kindly help as to what I've to do in this case. I'm Christian and my husband is a Hindu

There doesn`t appear to be any practical legal solution to this problem. If your husband can afford it, you can opt for a separate residence and care till your baby arrives. Another option is your husband arranging his mother to be with her any other children till she gets fine. Hasn`t your husband checked If she can be given psychiatric treatment.?

See
As you told your mother in law is mentally ill person. Here, better your stay at your parents home. As you pregnant. You cant take action against her for that she is an mentally ill person. Mo rover you cant request for separate resident on these ground.

Here her behavior raise out of mental illness cannot be treated as cruality. So for your protection for your self and the child, better you go to your parents house and also mentioned the reason to your husband(through email or any other recordable media) of the Same to avoid future clashes.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Kindly show your mother in law to an doctor who is expert in this filed and get her treatment, if not it is very difficult and our husband is in between you and your mother-in-law,she is also mother to him, his duty is to look after his aged parents.