Hindu marriage held in Singapore whether considered valid in India

Hi.. We are hindu Indians residing in Singapore and have got married in Singapore.Please advise if the marriage is considered to be valid in India.Also let me know if the marriage needs to be registered again in India.What is the procedure.

Answers (2)

Dear client
If you are married in same religion according into Hindu marriage act 1955 section 5 of the act it's enough to register, then you need to get follow certain guidelines framed by the state govt you place on your application before the. Registering authority.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Marriage solemnised anywhere is valid. Only later on if any dispute arises the question of Jurisdiction arises.
You could register your marriage again in India, but then, it's like getting married for the first time again, so your date of marriage will again be different. If later there is any problem in ur matrimonial life, then your dates are again a problem. You will then have an option to decided on whether to go by your Singapore Marriage or the Indian one.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hindu Wife left matrimonial house 6 months back and then wife and in-laws started framing new family life adjustment (timing, food, privacy, etc) issu…

Read More

My Civil suit 80/96 was in Kalyan court. I had attended court several times. Opp. Party never attended. Due to some reason thereafter i lost interest.…

Read More

i am 31 yr hindu male. consider the below scenario-- my wife files 498a against me.if my wife now wants to withdraw the case sometime in between the c…

Read More

I m a Hindu belong to chhattisgarh Can I marriage my father's sister's son's daughter…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue