×

Hindu marriage held in Singapore whether considered valid in India

Hi.. We are hindu Indians residing in Singapore and have got married in Singapore.Please advise if the marriage is considered to be valid in India.Also let me know if the marriage needs to be registered again in India.What is the procedure.

Dear client
If you are married in same religion according into Hindu marriage act 1955 section 5 of the act it's enough to register, then you need to get follow certain guidelines framed by the state govt you place on your application before the. Registering authority.

Hello,
Marriage solemnised anywhere is valid. Only later on if any dispute arises the question of Jurisdiction arises.
You could register your marriage again in India, but then, it's like getting married for the first time again, so your date of marriage will again be different. If later there is any problem in ur matrimonial life, then your dates are again a problem. You will then have an option to decided on whether to go by your Singapore Marriage or the Indian one.
Regards
Advocate

Advocate Preeti Joshi