Hindu Bengali girl and Muslim boy wants to marry under special law

Iam hindu by religion living in WB. My daughter loves a muslim boy belongs to the state of jammu.Both of them wants to marry each other.Is it possible by any special law in india?

Answers (3)

Yes, special marraige act prevails in Kashmir where boys and girls can get married. You don't need to worry there are laws prevail in both India & Kashmir that allow inter caste marraiges between the 2 parties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

certainly they can under special marriage act 1954, special marriage act was amended for the sole reason for inter caste marriages and hence your child can marry and live happily with her partner. On doing marriage under the special marriage act as both the parties sign the document they would become husband and wife and social marriage would not be necessary but if you want you can.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience

Both of them can marry under The special marriage act and register their marriage under the same act.provided both of them should have attained the legal age to get married.you have to approach the local jurisdictional marriage registrar.for more info you contact me.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I am a muslim man. I am married since january 2016. My daughter was born 8 months ago. Since she turned 21 day old, My father in law took my wife to h…

Read More

Is there a law to protect a Muslim women if the man gets second marriage he bring a govt employee…

Read More

whether partition cum family settlement deed executed in 1957 in respect of deceased (Ahadullyah)property including some property owned by his 1st son…

Read More

If a Hindu gal want to get married to Muslim boy in Maharashtra via special marriage act, will notice be sent out to both of their families or it will…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue