Got a property from mother which is now sold wants to buy new property

Through power of attorney I got property from my mother, half of it belong to my brother also. Now I sold it, I have two wives, I am going to purchase new property, the problem is if the new property is in my name, legal rights will go to first wife which I don't like. What shall I do?

Answers (2)

205 votes

Property obtained from mother is not ancestral property.
Property obtained from mother will be your self acquired, absolute property.
Your wife cannot claim a share of property in your name as long as you are alive .
So the best option available would be to execute a registered will or a registered gift deed in favour of the person to whom you wish the property may be transferred, at a later date after you acquire the new property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

123 votes

OK write the General power of attorney to the person what u want.
It is better to Share the property equally. If the property is ancestral property u r two wives are eligible to get that. If it is not it is as ur wish

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir I am a student Case: sir my Buaa(father's sister) complaint against my father for property(where my family stay) when my father has constructi…

Read More

Can wife claim husband property before or after divorce ? i mean at any thing wife can claim husband property ?…

Read More

My parents had died all my fathers accounts property has now been acquired by my elder sister we are 5 sisters and eldest sister is forcing us to go i…

Read More

Religion- Hindu I am writing this mail in behalfr of my wife. Her Father is a retired bank officer and resident of Patna, Bihar. Her mother is a house…

Read More