Father not allowing daughter to come to matrimonial home

I have recently married 5 months ago by court marriage at Thane and I have marriage certificate and her father dont know about our marriage , but now 2 days ago she told her father about the marriage and his father is not allowing her to come to my home and she wants to come to my home now what can i do

Answers (4)

Sir, as you have already stated that, your marriage was solemnised 5 months ago and you have marriage certificate for the same. So, you are legally husband and wife. And if your father in law is not allowing her to meet you, he is violating your rights. Sir, you can directly file a complaint against her father in court. And for further remedy, please contact me

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Do one thing go her house and request your father-in-law to send your daughter with you. Second thing if you are able to contact your wife then by mutual consent you can send one notice of restitution of conjugal rights u/s 9 of HMA.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

I have read ur question..... now first thing is that u both are major person that is u and ur wife therefore no any person retrain to each other... if her father restrain her then u can filed police complaint against her family supported by ur marriage certificate... but in all this above procedures ur wife must in ur side..... she must asked all things to police.... call me addition information...

You can go to the concerned police station where your wife resides with her parents and lodge a complaint by showing them marriage certificate and take their help to bring her to matrimonial house. But your wife should show her willingness to come with you in front of police.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Your Question:edit text Sir my daughter fled away from my home with a mulsim guy and I m brahmin so obviously my daughter is brahmin too and she is ri…

Read More

Ref: Hindu Succession Act 1956 Sub: Equal rights to Sons & Daughters. This is to bring to your kind notice that my father expired on 1.5.1992 & my mot…

Read More

Dear , my daughter had an love affair( not sexually ) with 3 persons in 2 consecutive years.. at present she is 18+ and the guy she has a relation w…

Read More

hello, i just want to know the legal rights of an old age mother/mother-in-law if she is continuously getting torture and abused by her husband, son a…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue