Daughter suffering from domestic violence and no action taken yet

If our daughter is sufffering from domestic violence and we have filed a case in court but that meet comes after long time and during this hot summer our daughter is not given even electricity and little water so can we call domestic violence will it create any hurdle in our court case??we are from Muslim community

Answers (5)

129 votes

As per your query you gave info or case detail in very brief as the thing i understood from your query that you have filed a DV against the husband and still your girl is staying with her husband ..it is not ckear to me..but if they are harrassing her she can call on 100 and lodge her complain also she can give application to concern area Acp and Dcp.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

81 votes

Yes of course you can and must file the case. I suggest you immediately contact a lawyer. You should also file a case against the landlord if they are living in rented accommodation. Kindly contact a lawyer immediately.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
142 votes

We can definitely approach the Courts for resolution of your complaints and get justice for your daughter in terms of monetary compensation as well as punishment for the boy for violence against your daughter.

You may contact to discuss possibilities

339 votes

Not providing electricity and water definitely amount to cruelty and the complaint can be filed against the in-laws for the same. The religion of the person does not matter in such cases and protection is available under law for any woman subjected to such cruelty.

127 votes

The protection available under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act is for all women irrespective of religious background.

You mentioned that you have already filed a case?

If your daughter is still tortured, then approach the local police and meet the officer who is in-charge of the women & children cell. File an additional FIR and also take all the papers related to the case including the original FIR, if already filed.

You should consult your lawyer.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."