×

Daughter claim compensation given by Govt to mother for her land

Do I ( hindu married female ) have any right in the cash received by my mother as compensation for her ancestral land from government

No you cannot claim compensation which has been received by your mother from government. It needs to be seen weather the ancestral property which you are referring to has been received by your mother through partition or by what mode.

Yes you do have a right after the demise of Mother, before that none except your mother has the right over that award...if the compensation is awarded to your mother in person then it is her wish to distribute the money to anyone or keep it with her...

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Of course you can claim share in sale consideration / compensation received by your mother in the ancestral land, in case you have not relinquished your rights in the property or you are not disowned by the family

Yes under Hindu succession act female is to be become as full owner of coparcenary property either she is married or not and she become a cosharer of the land and cash received by her mother from only of her share and not others.