Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Daughter claim compensation given by Govt to mother for her land

Do I ( hindu married female ) have any right in the cash received by my mother as compensation for her ancestral land from government

Answers (4)

No you cannot claim compensation which has been received by your mother from government. It needs to be seen weather the ancestral property which you are referring to has been received by your mother through partition or by what mode.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes you do have a right after the demise of Mother, before that none except your mother has the right over that award...if the compensation is awarded to your mother in person then it is her wish to distribute the money to anyone or keep it with her...

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Of course you can claim share in sale consideration / compensation received by your mother in the ancestral land, in case you have not relinquished your rights in the property or you are not disowned by the family

Yes under Hindu succession act female is to be become as full owner of coparcenary property either she is married or not and she become a cosharer of the land and cash received by her mother from only of her share and not others.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

There is a lady in our society who always threatens her father and mother-in-law saying if they do not listen to her then she and her parents will fil…

Read More

My father in law speaks with me rudely . He calls me prostitute and talks all these kind of words....it happened three times that too in front of husb…

Read More

I am a Hindu Brahmin boy and I want to marry daughter of my father' sister. As Hindu marriage act does not allow it. So does special marriage act …

Read More

My daughter has filed a suit in district court for claim of amount Rs.11,65,000/= approx. from the office of my son in law after his death. She has be…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue