Complaint against torture by step mother

My mom passed away 8 years before of Cancer. My father married 5 ago to a divorcee with 3 children (1 daughter, 2 sons). Now the problem started after one year of my marriage. Step mom is continuosly mental torturing my wife, me and my own brother. My father changed attitude towards us. My step mom makes her son and her daughter in law and her own daughter to stay in my house which is my own father and mother's, making problems even worse.. Is there anything i can do ? Please help...

Answers (2)

What do you mean by "my house which is my own father and mother's"? Even if the property exclusively belonged to your late mother, your father is a legal heir and it is jointly vested with you, your brother and the father. There are no easy solution.

Yes, the property could be partitioned. But that alienate your father's feelings against you. Anyway, you are grown up. Think of the option of shifting to a separate accommodation along with your brother.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

It is very difficult to collect, from your such a small querry, the reasonable datas for giving a proper legal remedy. What I understood from you is that the house is in the name of your father and deceased mother. If that be so, your mother right would be devolved upon you after her demise. Then you and your brother/sister are the co-owner with your father. You can apply for partition of the the house demanding your share to be separated. But it will take time to dispose the matter. Your wife can approach a women cell for getting a speedy /temporary remedy.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I am from a Muslim family. I have a son aged 25 yr s who is a vagabond and does not eàrn anything. He takes money by torturing his mother. If n…

Read More

Sir Iam a gangman I'm doing hard work daily in that some I'm tried. If I return to home my wife pressure to me give up money or etc buy some o…

Read More

hello sir, mujhe aapse puchhna h apni sister k bare m, uski Sadi ko 2 years hue h Sadi k 20 days Baad hi uske in-laws ne use Ghar se nikaal Diya tha w…

Read More

I m Roman catholic I stay in joint fly. In all fly there r quarrel going on this ok but in my fly my sister-in law uses abusive language very dirty n …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue