Complaint against partner for breach of contract of marriage.

I was in a relationship with a boy for 11 years including almost 5 years of physical relationship post promising for marriage. But the time when marriage came into picture his parents demanded for for dowry indirectly which I opposed and thus the boy denies for marriage. What can be done in this?

Hello, You have several remedies , like you can go for criminal complaint for dowry and rape, you can also file DV case . contact office for details.....................................................

The following reply is apropos the query raised by you. Ma'am I would like to apprise you that in such a situation, you can initiate appropriate crimimal proceedings against the said person for both demand of dowry and giving you false assurance of marriage to have physical relaationship with you. Both offences are cognizable and non bailable and punishable with rigorous imprisonment. A complaint can also be made against the parents of the boy for demand of dowry and accordingly committing various offences punishable under the Penal Code.

Regards
Adv. Harshit Vashisht

Look if you have proof of demand of dowry you can file a case under dowry prohibition act.so far having congegual relation between two consenting adult for long duration can be covered under live in relationship or could be considered married subject to facts.