Clarification for annulment of marriage on ground of bigamy

Sir, my wife eloped with my younger brother 2 months ago, they have got married now in arya samaj mandir/court in Ghaziabad.Now my brother wants (i want too) annulment to this bigamou marriage. Since we live at Mau distt u p, it's our home distt. I want to know that where annulment of this marriage will be done. I mean at mau or ghaziabad. And what is annulment process. Thanks alot. I'm waiting for your rresponse.

Answers (2)

311 votes

Helo, your has been eloped with your younger brother and now you are ready manage all things and want to settle this marriage with your younger brother then I think there no option to make your frist marriage null n void with out taking judicial separation with your wife. If you both file a divorce case with mutual consent then it would be better for your future and they can eisely get married .it will not come in criteria of bigamy . This is good, easier and simple way to get rid of from this situation. For more information contact to me. Thnx

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

117 votes

Annulment of marriage can be done within 1st year of marriage only when it is not consumed or done with hiding facts. Second marriage done without taking divorce is already null and void from beginning.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."