Can I take a divorce from husband if he favours my daughter and not me

I have three daughters n my two elder daughters abuse me cuz my hubby supports MA daughter... I don't noe the solution what to do in this situation
I want to take divorce with my husband because he supports my daughter

Answers (3)

260 votes

Yes, you can take divorce but before you start the process of filing divorce petition you can file judicial separation or make a complaint before police by mentioning the said circumstances or file D.V act.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

230 votes

Divorce on the ground that husband support your daughter is no reason for dissolution of marriage. You both are are mature enough to understand that the your children are there for sometime with you after they get life partners they will move out and only you both have to take care of each other till you're living.
Still if you seek divorce the best is to mutually agree for divorce by mutual consent after settling all issues of permanent alimony and maintenance, issue of property sharing in case of joint immovable property and other related issues, you jointly move petition for divorce by mutual consent in the Family Court where you live and after 6 months the court will allow the divorce in case either or both of you don't withdraw your consent for it.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
74 votes

What I have understood from your query is that you do not have a harmonious relationship with your husband.The fact still remains undisclosed from you that what is the main cause of unhealthy relationship with your husband and that how old are your daughters.You can speak to me if you wish to on contact details mentioned here.I shall be in a position to guide you right and proper regarding the legal remedies you might have.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."