×

Can I Present Cell Phone Recordings (Mother In law Phone)as Evidence

My wife kept complaint In Mahila P. S. They conducted 1st councilling. I kept spy soft where in my mother In law phone & get recorded conversations that «" they won't send their daughter. We will get half of my salary , they discourage my wife to go matrimonial home, «" can I represent these audios to police --- can these work as evidence. -

You are already in trouble. If they come to know that you installed spy software then you will be much bigger problem than this. regarding recorded evidence valid with some conditions with direct relevant. court will decided. If your wife wants to come no one can stop. Now you think how to get your wife back and lead marital life.

hi according to your query Laws regarding electronic record and their admissibility are properly laid down in Section 65B of Indian Evidence Act. The contents of electronic records may be proved in accordance with the provisions of section 65B. Therefore, in order to understand whether a voice recording can be used as an evidence in courts in India, an understanding of section 65B of Indian Evidence Act is necessary.Any information contained in an electronic record which is recorded or copied in optical or magnetic media produced by a computer shall be deemed to be also a document if the conditions mentioned here are satisfied.If the conditions are satisfied then such recordings are admissible in any proceedings without further proof or production of the original, as evidence of any contents of the original, or of any fact stated of which direct evidence would be admissible.The source containing the information was produced by the computer during the period over which the computer was used regularly to store or process information for the purposes of any activities regularly carried on over that period by the person having lawful control over the use of the computer.During the said period, information of the kind contained in the electronic record or of the kind from which the information so contained is derived was regularly fed into the computer in the ordinary course of the said activities.Throughout the material part of the said period, the computer was operating properly or, if not, then in respect of any period in which it was not operating properly or was out of operation during that part of the period was not such as to affect the electronic record or the accuracy of its contents.The information contained in the electronic record reproduces or is derived from such information fed into the computer in the ordinary course of the said activities. so you can direclty produce them at any point. for further clarifications you can contact us at any time.

Advocate Preeti Joshi