Can I get my marriage registered after 7 years of marriage

Sir, jab Mai 19 years Ka tha tab meri marriage ho gyi thi par aab meri age 26 year hai Mai apni marriage kaise registered Karwa sakta hu.

Answers (3)

115 votes

Yes the marriage can be registered even after 7 years. you have to bring two witnesses with you. The only issue with you is that you got married in the age of 19 and whereas prescribed age for a male is 21 years but still can be sorted out.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

209 votes

dear queerest
yes you can get registered your marriage under COMPULSORY REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE ACT after completing all formalities and the question regarding the age 19 years at the time of marriage not effect it, in your case your marriage was void able not void thus you can registered your marriage

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
322 votes

These days, marriage registeration is not such a big problem. All you need is valid proofs regarding your marriage and witnesses. Consult your nearest marriage registeration department first about requirement of valid proofs and exact procedure.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."