Can I cancel my marriage if we have not received any certificate yet?

Hello I got married with my gf before 1 month on dec 17 we did not collect the cirtificate from Arya samajh because I got pressure from my gf because she already engaged befor( I got to know after all this ) she pressured me to take this step and I did that.but now she started abusing my family member started insulting them making so many issues between my family.i don’t know her father mom I only know her big brother who came for the marriage my all the family know about her.we didn’t registered anything on rajistrar office kindly help me out of this now family dose not want her in any case.

Answers (3)

267 votes

Yes you can file case of nullity under a ground of fraud certificate is not always necessary for filing a case in family court. Your marriage
Photo and invitation card will be sufficient

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

146 votes

Hi client, if you have married a girl the fact to the law remains you are married under the eyes of law irrespective of what your gf (now wife) does to you or your family. A certificate issued by Arya Samaj Temple is a registered marriage per se Court (legal) purposes and registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. A Certificate of marriage from the Arya Samaj Mandir is valid and its is better you get in touch with Arya Samaj institution so that you can be guided properly as per their procedure.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
287 votes

Dear Client,
Please dont make marriage institute a joke. Better think and try to resolve issue amicably. And yes as a son do take care of parents and manage your wife.

Doing marriage is eash (the way u did). Breaking is difficult and time consuming. Registration is not compulsory.

Expert Jurist LLP

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."