can husband registered complainant u/s 448 IPCagainst his wife

19-Dec-2023 (In Family Law)
can husband registered complainant u/s 448 IPC against his wife THEY ARE SEPERATLY LIVING SINCE TWO YEARS BOTH ARE JAIN
Answers (2)

Answer #1
842 votes
not at all she is wife and having right on husband's property until legal divorce if you wants to complaint or fille any suite agents it you must file as husband not unknown so until she is wife you can't file any complaint which are for sections which are for unknown ones
Answer #2
582 votes

In this case you cannot file complaint under 448 IPC because, she still your legally wedded wife.
Therefore, first you need to dissolve the marriage, then only you can avail remedy under 448.
Mere seperation does not mean end of marital bond.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."