Can husband give his name to other lady when not divorced

Can a male when filed divorce case and case is not finished give his name and have a child from another girl? Also do I need to file a separate maintenance case for child and me? or maintenance can be claimed based on same divorce case? PLEASE PLEASE guide me, as even my lawyer i feel misguiding me and not filing maintenance for last 4-5 years and I haven't got a single pai till date but my husband has made legal ID proofs giving his name to another girl and he can afford her but not looking at us and telling lies in the court that he doesn't have income. Also he is denying that he has kept another lady.

Answers (3)

162 votes

If your husband have married another’s lady the you can file complaint or file for against husband and his family memes under section 494 of Ipc in which he cannot marry another lady until he get divorce from his first marriage and second thing about maintaince you can file separate application under section 125. If your lawyer is not cooperate you should consult another lawyer

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

51 votes

See you are the legally married wife of your husband. You have basic right to get maintenance from your husband irrespective of the fact that he is having another lady with him or not. Talk to your lawyer and compel him to file maintenance case before the court......for both of you i.e you and your child.......also you can file criminal matter under domestic violence and 498 of IPC to teach a lesson to that go file it immediately......

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
207 votes

hello client, i will suggest you for your query, that you don't have to file another case for maintenance from your husband the court will order him to provide the maintenance to you as per his income, & if your advocate is misguiding then you can change the advocate or you can contact me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We got seconed married in feb 2018. My wife having some extra marital affair which i came to know in march. I object politely so she told me about lad…

Read More

My husband deserted me during pregnancy and filled divorce case with all wrong allegation at his home town I went for transfer to Bangalore and in bet…

Read More

Hi , My work place is 50 km from home .Recently I got to know that my husband is having affaire with his colegue & she is also married .After I we…

Read More

What is the responsibility of a younger brother towards his elder sister who is going to get divorced and was mentally ill but now recovered? She crea…

Read More