Can any matter of RCR get settled out of the court

Hi My wife and me are living separately from the past five months and one day one of their relative is asking for out of court settlement and does not want to involve court. He is saying lets talk and sort out this matter. What does that mean? Does my wife wants to comeback or something else?

Answers (5)

171 votes

Please note without involvement of court you will not be able to take divorce. You can settle the terms and conditions for taking divorce with mutual consent without interference of the court but for taking divorce, you will have to file the petition in the court itself. Please ask the middleman about the out of court settlement. In case of any further support, please contact us.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

218 votes

Of course Restitution of Conjugal Rights cases can be settled out site court also but it totally depends upon the parties. it can be settled outside court only if both parties whats. Only your wife can tell what she exactly wants. If your wife want to discuss the matter outside the court then get it settled through mediation of your relatives and you can later on withdraw your case. If you want any legal support you can contact me.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
220 votes

Yes you can settle the matter including right to conjugal rights out of the court as well. From the details provided by you, it is not clear whether your wife wants to have a reunion with your or she is looking for some other thing. But if she wants to settle the matter out of the court, my suggestion to you is that, there is a possibility of no harm to you in such case.

175 votes

By law, you can only get divorced with a decree from the court . You have the option of seeking restoration of conjugal rights with your spouse from the court .
As far as her intentions are concerned, they will be clear only once you take a meeting.
If however, you both wish to seperate, you can apply for divorce by mutual consent .
Thanks .

289 votes

No this is not possible once you have appeared before the court for dissolution of marriage by way of mutual consent this is the only solution you have appeared twice before the court this is altimate remedy

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."