Can a girl can support her parents financially after marriage?

13-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
Hi, I am a working woman. I did a love marriage before 1 month and we had already decided that I will pay 10k per month for the house loan taken by my parents. But my husband is not allowing me to do it now. In addition I do not have any brother. So is my decision to help my parents financially even after marriage is legal or not?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
532 votes
yes your decision is right and you can pay and you have right to support your parents ...parents are your responsibility so you can do all these things for your parents your husband can not restricticted..
People also ask

Can a husband force his wife to take care of his parents?

The decision was made by the court during a hearing of a case in which a married couple were involved. In the case, the husband filed a complaint about his wife. The court found that there was no evidence supporting the husbands allegations and dismissed the complaint. The court also stated that caring for ones parents under the law is both a legal right and duty. 08-Oct-2023

Can I take care of my parents after marriage?

Remember that this Act requires adult children to pay maintenance to parents and senior citizens, even if they are in need. 19-Aug-2019

Can wife force husband to leave parents in India?

A wife must have a valid reason to try and divert her son from the normal practices of society. In a recent decision, the High Court of Calcutta in India said that a husband can file for divorce if his wife forces him to be separated from his parents. 11-Apr-2023

Answer #2
680 votes
hii, client i will suggest you that you can give money to your parents as you are independent working women, and on that your husband can't take objection without your permission due to your are working women, and its your money not your husband. for further help contact me from this site.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."