Can a girl be sent to remand home after medical proves she is above 18

ek ladki ne bhag ke shadi kar li aur fir uske bad court me appear ho chuki hai.. waha par medical aur byaan hua...plzzz ye bataye ki...kya agar ladki medical me 19 to 21 prove ho jati hai to kya fir v use uske parents ke ghar ya remaand home bheja ja sakta hai

Answers (2)

153 votes

Under Family Law, age of marriage of boy and girl have been defined. Further as per Hindu Marriage Act, minimum age of girl should be 18 years. If the age of girl is 18 or above, and he married to a boy as per her choise, she can not be sent any where against her will.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

150 votes

No at allthat is depends on girl whether he want to home or nt.she can be send to any where her own desire due to evidence of adult.below 18" could be send to remand or her home.already she is above 18 so should nt be afraid.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."