Brother's wife files a case against mother in law & bother in law

Hello,myself staying separetley along with my family anf my brother is staying along with his wife in another home and mom is staying at some other home. My brother got married last 10 months back and they have little bit quarrels not that much big and now she is lodge a compliant at police station against my mom and me and I don't understand y she is added me .pls suggest

Answers (4)

210 votes


Daughter-in-laws usually drag mother-in-law and brother-in-law to the court even when they did nothing or have nothing to do with her matrimonial life only to gain undue sympathy from the court, harass the family members of the husband and also to extract money out of court towards settlement for withdrawing the case later. Therefore, even if you are set ex-parte in the case, no orders will be passed against you and your mother.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

120 votes

If you have separate residential proof , you have to approach court of law i.e., high court for quashing FIR against you and your mother and as per latest supreme court judgments not worry about the same cont .. advocate

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
217 votes

There is no.reason for you to feel panicky police cannot lodge an FIR simply against any one without confirming its authentication. Be bold and when your turn comes to reply please be confident and reply.
Further if you have witnesses to quash these allegations, you can file false defamation case pertaining to these cooked up allegations.

288 votes

Please approach an Advocate and obtain bail if necessary. You get a copy of FIR. As of now in 498-A there are no arrests, as per the judgment of Hon'ble Supreme court. Don't worry and nothing to panic. Please file your Adhar card in court to show you are residing separately

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."