Arguments leading to brutal violent fights how should I handle it

My husband is beating me brutally after any argument or sometimes without argument ... I have a son who studies in class 8. What should I do ?

Answers (4)

322 votes

Madam, if he acts such types with or without reasonable cause, our advise is to lodged a Written Complaint before the nearest Police Station against your Husband and including all your in-laws, who watch this and do not try to protest.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

119 votes

You should file a complain again your husband before the police as per the provision of sec. 498A IPC, or a complain before the protection officer, district social welfare section seeking assistance for lodging complain U/S- 12 of PWDV Act 2005.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
252 votes

You can file a FIR before local police station by virtue of which case will be initiated by police u/s 498A IPC. You can also file a case under Domestic Violence Act against your husband wherein a Protection Officer will be appointed by the Court.

345 votes

you should immediately consult a lawyer and take steps thereafter understanding the technicality of the laws of the country and accordingly you can take care of your child who must be also going through a mental trauma alongwith you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."