Advice on the hostile attitude of cousin's bride towards my mother

02-May-2023 (In Family Law)
I am aged 34, stay in an apartment with my parents, wife and brother (5 members). My paternal aunt’s family consisting her husband, son, daughter in law and a kid granddaughter (age 3 yrs.) also stay in the same building (5 members). My paternal aunt’s is a very respectable family. The problem is with her daughter in law. She came from below class family in comparison, is a psycho path, hostile in attitude and suffer in inferiority complex. She (the daughter in law) becomes very angry sometimes, looses control, quarrel badly often with my aunt, husband sometimes and blackmails of committing suicide. She involves my mother sometimes and tells her bad words. As per the rules, the court is soft to the bride side so we hesitate to do anything, what are the latest rules, anything changed? Now in this situation what should I do to be secure my family and my aunt’s family before anything worse happens. Should I need to submit anything to the court or police station? Please advice.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
503 votes
As the discord is within the family and you people are not able to handle the circumstances. So, for the shake of protection your aunt's son may inform the local police in form of GDE. This will help you in future, if any bad consequences arose.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
505 votes
In my opinion at first try to settle the matter amicably consult with senior family member and if the matter is not solve then your aunt can file a case against her daughter in-law for cruelty. And without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
860 votes

You are quite right that in India judiciary is more inclined to the bride. But it is also true that sho many false cases are registered that the court is also considering the ground of groom's family. You may make a GDE with n the help of lawyer for future reference and you may consult me for further steps.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."