about getting maintanance and avoiding divorce

I married in july 17 and I am 5 month pregnant.. My husband and his family abused me mentally and physically since starting. we were living seperately due to job locations but we started living together since june 18. I was extremely depressed due to abusement and in the verge of depression i thretened my husband that i will commit suicide. My husband left rented flat in first week of August18. Den he sent me legal notice i answered it and he filed false police complaint against me. He mentioned that I threatened him of abortion, filing 498a case, and suicide. Police enquired and found nothing vallid in his complaint. Now he is asking me for divorce. I dont want divorce due to my baby and conservative family. Can i get maintance fr rented flat from him. what should I do?

Answers (4)

165 votes


You can get maintence from him you need to file mainteance application under section 125crcp in family court...

and you can file restitution petition under section 9 of Hindu marriage act...

You have a very strong ground as your pregnant

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

279 votes

dear queries require you are mentioned here in is little bit need to be discussed in detail therefore after seeing this reply please give me a call for for and for further solution of your issue when yourself for you baby deadhouse to take some legal actions for the same

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
253 votes

Wife generally gets maintainance from husband.
In your case yes, you and your child will get maintenance from your husband.

File petition in the court for the same and for restitution of conjugal rights.

Appoint advocate for the same.

107 votes

If what you say is true, you can file a domestic violence complaint in the court or/and a divorce petition and ask for maintenance. Court will definitely give maintenance for the child.

You can ask for residence order and if there is ground to grant it the court will.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."