20 year old leaving home and stay with boyfriend

The girl is 20 years old and her parents are not agreeing for marraige with the boy she loves as he is of different caste so the girl wants to leave home and stay with boyfriend and his parents for few months and later marry. What complaints can the girl's parents impose on her and the boy and his parents and will there be any problem with the girl staying with the boy or any pg without marraige?

Answers (2)

126 votes

Dear Sir,
There is no problem and complaint by parents is not a problem. Please see the following SC judgment.
Nobody has right to interfere if two adults get married, says Supreme Court
NEW DELHI: No one, either individually or collectively, has the right to interfere in a marriage between two consenting adults, a Supreme Court bench led by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Dipak Misra said on Monday.
The bench sternly told khap panchayats not to assume the role of conscience keepers of society and said courts would go by the law and not tradition and 'gotra' considerations to determine the legality of a marriage.
Senior advocate Narender Hooda, appearing for some khap panchayats, said khaps encouraged inter-caste and inter-faith marriages as they had permitted Haryanvi men to marry women from other states given the skewed sex ratio in the state.

Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act
The purpose of this Government Order is to ensure that the defined process of service delivery for the Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage
Act is followed. This would facilitate the electronic delivery of services through the instructions and guidelines as described in the following sections of the
Government order. The important components of service delivery process is being listed below –
1. Process for Registering service request for Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act
The request related to Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act can be accepted at the Common Services Centre established under
Government of India 100000 Common Service Centre (CSC) scheme under NeGP and Suwidha centers operational in the state or any other
arrangement made by Government for accepting the request, without discretion of any kind. The Government Official should now onwards accept the
service requests through electronic channel only. The applicant has option to submit a service request through any of the below mentioned procedures:

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

251 votes

Hi... she can live any whare or stay with any one whom she likes as she is the major and she have all the. rights to think about her life and no one can restrict her including her parents.And her parents can file missing complaint against that boy and his family members.
Thank you

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."