who is the legal heir to a property if the owner (hindu) is dead

Hi Can u help me what is the procedure to buy a home where owner died and his wife is willing to sell the property. Who would be the legal hiers. Owner was surviving with his wife, daughter and his parents. I am being told that the case is in court and I too have to visit as buyer of the home

Dear Querist, If a Hindu dies intestate then the wife and all the children (sons/ daughters ) are the legal heirs.
If a will is made then the property will be divided as per the will, but the same is unchallenged.
In your case, Please check the share certificate/ Sale agreement and ask for details of all the son/daughter of deceased. IF required issue a public notice through advocate, write letter to Society seeking details.

Please feel free to contact us, if any further queries.

Regards,
Rakesh V. Misar

we need to go threw the entire documents. As you said that the matter is in court one has to understand the reason behind the said case. hence once you provide us with the documents we can help you out in buying the said property.

Shaniwar Peth, Pune
Advocate Ravinder Pasula
Saroornagar, Hyderabad