Whether witness of gift deed has any obligation in case of dispute?

Dear sir, If I am going to be witness for my friends hift deed which is getting executed between her father and her, will there be any future obligations for me..if some issue arises between my friend and her brothers or his sisters reg gift deed?

There is ni obligation for witness but in future you would be called as a witness in court and u have to tell how the mind set was there at rhe time of executing will of old man and was he in position to undetstand and how will property given explained understood tto him and executed would be question to explain you in court if needed.

You are just a witness to a document and hence you have no right and no obligation. In the event of a dispute you are called before a court to state whether the document is executed in your presence and in the presence of the parties concerned.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli