×

quesWe fall under SC category but parents never made any certificate

I am resident of delhi since birth so are my parents. recently i have found out that my caste falls under the category of SC of WB goverment list as well as that of central govt list. none of parents has ever had any caste certificate neither they are resident of WB. can i still get caste certificate is yes how?.

• ansYes, you can avail, if it is mention in the central government list do visit to the magistrate under the Department of Revenue of your jurisdiction alongwith the documents mentioned on the government website.

Advocate Parveen Arya

Jhilmil Colony, Delhi

• ansSince you have been resident in Delhi since birth and no one in your family has obtained a caste certificate earlier, according to the procedure of the Delhi Govt., there will be a local investigation to ascertain whether you fall under the said category. Prior to the investigation you have to fill a standard form and give all necessary details and documents, the details of which I will provide to you. Once the document formalities are over, the authorities will verify the information you have supplied and accordingly, issue a caste certificate. If you wish to proceed with this application, do contact me. Regards

Bengali Market, Delhi