Want to remove deceased person's names from the share certificate

08-Apr-2023 (In Documentation Law)
Have share certificate on 1) my name 2) father`s name, and 3) mother`s name. Mother and father have expired. No nomination made. How do I go about removing my parents names from the share certificate? I have been residing in this flat for 30 years. I am a Christian.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
880 votes
U will have to get Noc from your brothers and sisters or else u have to make the succession certificate claiming that you are the only legal heir left and that your name is already in the share certificate
Answer #2
793 votes
You should procure a succession certificate from the sessions or high court of the city where your property is situated. Once you receive it the society as well as other authorities will change the name to yours.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."