Transfer of property after death of grandparents to father's name

The flat where I reside is owned 50% by my father, 25% by my grandmother and 25% by my grandfather. My grandmother and grandfather expired last year. They had made a will in favor of my father to transfer the entire share in the flat in my father's name. But this will was not probated.. My father has 1 brother, 2 sisters and a widow and 2 children of my father's another brother.. Should we go for probating of will? Or should we go for relinquishment deed? What is the procedure for each? What would be the approximate expense for each? What would be the cost and procedure of transferring the share in my father's name after having done one of the above two procedures?

It would be advisable to probate the will. If uncontested you will be able to get the probate soon.
Going for relinquishment deed is a secondary option.
If it is agreed and understood between the family that your father will get the property probate would be the best alternative for your long term benefit

Dear sir, a will has to be probated in many however there are some exceptions based on territory where property is located. You need to get your will probated . A relinquishment deed also u can get excused preferences is to probate the will