Registration of partition deed in absence of a family member involved

I am from Hyderabad my sister stays in USA, my father had expired last year. We are a Hindu family. We would like to make a partiton deed of the properties owned by my Father. Can the partition deed be registered without my sister visiting Hyderabad?

Answers (3)

185 votes

Yes provuded she gives a General Power of Attorney (GPA) to any pwrsoan.If not this transaction is of no value in the eye of law.It shall be treated as null and void.Hence ask for a GPS to be executed for this transaction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

342 votes

yes it is possible to Register the partition deed.
even though your sister is in USA, But you have to send the partition deed document by mentioning the all the members and by mentioning the your sister name & address in U.S.A and along with special power of attorney

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
235 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN, Advocate, From : Hyderabad,@

Yes it is possible to partition the property through registered document without visiting to Hyderabad by your sister, for preparation of documents kindly contact us through this website.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles