Promise to marry already married woman signed on a plain paper

i am a married man lived with my family. i am hindu. i have a extra marrital affair with a married woman who lived with her husband. we are both hindu. i am the biological father of her chield. she promissed me that she will not open this truth , But now she want to merry me to give divorce her husband.and pressure me to write on a plain paper that i will give the divorce my wife. other wise he will opehn the truth.i already signed it on a plain paper . is this agreement accepted in court/

Answers (2)

334 votes

Divorce laws are different. If you want to divorce your wife , you will have file a petition for divorce. You can marry the lady only after you have obtained divorce being guided by the Hindu Marriage Act .
The paper you signed can be a considered as the understanding between you and the lady who is the mother of your child. She can file a case for maintenance of the child if she can prove that you are the father of her child. As regards her maintenance she cannot claim so till she is married to her present husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

187 votes

How many times you have relationship with this girl ? What is the game of your child ? In plain paper written may be consent and admitted fact of this.
If case started nothing was happened. Because at the time of relationship she has consent.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles