Process of changing name registration of property

Sir, I had purchased some property on my mother name since I was abord, now like to transfer to my name. Please let me know the process including all fees. Thanks

Answers (2)

333 votes

For Immediate transfer your mother should transfer the property by way of Settlement Deed. The government fee for the settlement deed will be 26 thousand + miscellaneous charges. This is excluding lawyer fee. Lawyer fee depend upon the lawyer who draft the Settlement Deed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

271 votes

As the property has already been registered in your mother's name, she can gift it to you by means of a gift deed which has to be duly registered. Alternatively, she can write a Will bequeathing it to you, as it requires no stamp duty or registration.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles