×

Procedure to transfer joint property title to single ownership title

Hi, Me and my wife got divorced and there is a property(2 bhk flat) which registered on both of the names . Now i want to get that property from her. i got to know that release deed and GPA are the ways for this . Release deed : she wont come to do GPA (power of autorny): i want to take this from her and want to gift my property to my mother immediately. Which is the best way. Please suggest Thanks,

Hello Sir,
The best way to transfer your wife's share back to you is through a Release deed.. Nevertheless since you've decided to gift the property to your mother, both of you jointly can gift it to your mother to avoid stamp duty on two docts, since directly one gift deed within the family is made.
Regards
Advocate

Hello,
You need ask for partition of the property. Issue a notice to her and get a deed registered bergen you both with respect to the property wherein both of your share will be ascertained and with respect to your share you can gift it to your mother. In case if your wife doesn't agree for your notice and respond then file a suit for partition.

Shaniwar Peth, Pune

If both of agree to do these arrangements It will be OK
But as you put it seems to be not easy to have mutual arrangement as to ownership or transfer of rights
You may isseu a legal notice through an advocate expressing your desire and asking her to agree
If she does not
Then file a suit for the reliefs