Procedure to replace father's name with mother's in flat agreement

I want to replace my dad's name with my mom in a flat agreement. Do I have to again go for property registration and pay stamp duty and registration charges or is there another way to it?

Answers (2)

225 votes

When agreement executed? If u want to change father's name from flat u first have to obtain release/ gift deed from father in mother's name for his share. There is no need to make agreement. Ur father can transfer his share to ur mother by transfe. There is less stamp duty.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

202 votes

Yes. You have to go for registration but you need not to pay stamp duty and registration fees as like sale deed. If you are from Maharashtra then you can do this with amount of Rs. 500/- stamp duty and Registration Fees 100/-

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles