Procedure to name correction in mark sheets and certificate

I have completed my 10th in 2009 and 12th in 2011 and my father's surname is incorrect in it. After checking with the school, the school record also reflects the incorrect name. But I have My other legal documents in my support that is it has correct name (Adhaar card, Voter ID card, PAN card). All of my father's legal documents (Adhaar card, Voter ID card, PAN card, Passport) are there to help me in my support. So kindly guide me the way to resolve this. Hopping to get your guidance soon

Answers (1)

88 votes

Hello client hru.
I have read Ur per which u have to correct the sir name of Ur father in you marksheets of 10th & 12th in which Ur father's name is not correct as his sir name is incorrect.In present time the CBSE has changed the norms for the corrections of name so in this matter now you have to through court then only it is possible .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My mothers name appeared on sslc marks need to be corrected..I have passed out in 2003. By mistake my parents have mentioned wrong do I corr…

Read More

Sir I have a query that my name in my 10th is mahendra kumar patidar and 12th class marksheets is written as mahendra patidar and in my graduation mar…

Read More

 My son's name has got different surname than me. In all the documentations we have mentioned his name as the one which is dirrefent than our…

Read More

i discontinued my Engineering due to fail in exams so i wanted to Get marks cards back which i provided while getting admission to engineering of 10th…

Read More