Procedure to correct father's name in the documents

In my birth certificate my father name appears as abdul kaiyam same exist in ssc and hsc marksheet and certificate but in tybcom marksheet and degree certificate it appears as abdul kyaom. But the correct spelling of my father name is abdul qayyum which is in my aadhar card, pan card, passport.

Answers (2)

101 votes

you can make a affidavit stating that both names are yours and you are the only person known by both name. insert the details of all document in the affidavit , and attach all document to affidavit , get it notarised.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

210 votes

Either you should make an application to the University office requesting them to correct the name in your mark list by submitting your identityDocument such as Aadhaar card or pan card along with an Affidavit. If Affidavit. University, a civil suit for dicleration

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles