Procedure to change name in birth certificate

Need to know the procedure how to change the intial in the birth certificate of my daughter. Now the name is M.name. but it has to be changed as name.y which is mothers name as the initial. Please help me on this

you can approach the corporation or local body authorities where your birth is registered with a request to change your initial. if they refuse to do so you can take action for publishing the change in your initial in the official gazette and give the same to the authorities concerned for making necessary changes in your birth certificate