Procedure to change name in birth certificate

Need to know the procedure how to change the intial in the birth certificate of my daughter. Now the name is but it has to be changed as name.y which is mothers name as the initial. Please help me on this

Answers (1)

78 votes

you can approach the corporation or local body authorities where your birth is registered with a request to change your initial. if they refuse to do so you can take action for publishing the change in your initial in the official gazette and give the same to the authorities concerned for making necessary changes in your birth certificate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles