Procedure to apply for caste certificate

Respected sir/madam I belong to obc. I had never made any caste certificate till now and in government documents i never use my caste it's only my name. My father expired in 2001, he had a caste certificate.Only source of income of our family is my mother's job 40000/month and we are having loans. Can I apply for caste certificate and where and how if yes

Every state/city has different rules for granting caste certificate. It is better you visit any of these offices, DC/Collector/Tehsil/SDM of your area and ask for the grant of caste certificate and necessary documents for the same. To have a better understanding please read below:

https://archive.india.gov.in/howdo/howdoi.php?service=4

https://www.india.gov.in/issuing-caste-or-community-certificate-sc-st-and-obc-central-govt-service

Hope it helps.

LH House, Bangalore