Procedure for the rectification of the deed

A deed executed in the yr1947 at kolkata.Assurance.A building laying 3 cattas two storied building.and 3 catta open land.but little mistake is there 3 cattas open land is not mentioning in this deed.Kollata corporation record shows & mentiong the open land with tin shed. How I rectify the.said deed.

Answers (2)

252 votes

A rectification deed should be executed after mutual consent of all the parties to the main deed. In case the executors is or are not available, the same may be rectified by all the legal heirs of those deceased.In case the original deed is registered, the rectification deed should also be registered. The requisite stamp duty and registration charges should be paid as per the laws in force in the State. For errors such as spelling mistakes, the stamp duty and registration charges are Rs 100 each. In case a rectification deed relates to the area, names of the parties, or extent of the property, the stamp duty and registration charges as applicable to a conveyance deed are payable.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

222 votes


Rectification of deed is possible provided the original holder of the property is living or his proper Legal heirs are present. Now, all the relevant municipal documents are also to be submitted in such rectification deed. You may contact me for drafting proper rectification deed and thereby regarding the same.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I want to gift my flat to my daughter through gift deed. how can i do that what is the value of the stamp paper i need to pay for registration? what i…

Read More

Hi i want to no can i cancel the partition deed…

Read More

Sir, my father name mentioned in his land patta is with surname Before one year he has done family settlement with his brothers. That time h…

Read More

Before applying for divorce my x husband gave a gift deed which he told he will register it in near future. But now he is denying on it…

Read More