Procedure for adding my surname to my child's birth certificate

29-Mar-2023 (In Documentation Law)
Dear sirs I want to add surname to my child birth certificate,i don't have surname in any of my documents,so i don't want same thing to repeat to my child,kindly respond. Regards 
Answers (1)

Answer #1
501 votes
Sir, how old is your child? If your child is still a small baby of the age group 0-12 months, the birth certificate can be surrendered to BBMP and a request can be done to issue new birth certificate.
If your child is more than a year old, then an application has to be filed before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate and get it changed. and this process can be done within a span of 3 months.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."