×

Procedure for adding my surname to my child's birth certificate

Dear sirs I want to add surname to my child birth certificate,i don't have surname in any of my documents,so i don't want same thing to repeat to my child,kindly respond. Regards 

Sir, how old is your child? If your child is still a small baby of the age group 0-12 months, the birth certificate can be surrendered to BBMP and a request can be done to issue new birth certificate.
If your child is more than a year old, then an application has to be filed before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate and get it changed. and this process can be done within a span of 3 months.

Shaniwar Peth, Pune