On how much stamp paper is a rent agreement to be drafted

Hello, I have a residential property in Hyderabad, which i have decided to let it on rent. So, as I will be planning to rent it from April 2018, what stamp paper do I need to use for making the Tenancy agreement valid for 11 months. Also, want to understand how does one reveal what stamp paper should be used for Rental agreement in Hyderabad, is only depends on location and City limits, kindly clarify and advise.

Answers (3)

54 votes

Any kind of agreement has to be stamped on 100 rs bond Paper any where in india,
it does not depend on any kind of location or city limits,
prepare an tenancy agreement or rent agreement
and get it drafted in 100 rs bond paper

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

219 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @ lawrato.com

Rs 100 /- stamp paper is sufficient for Rental Agreement, Registered rental Deed is best option to avoid future disputes, before making Rental Deed/ Agreement it is better to consult Advocate to make document as per Law.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience
79 votes

Sir/ Madam,
Such agreement can be executed duly on Non judicial stamp paper of Rs.100/- is enough. There is no distinct and separate stamp paper for tenancy or rental agreement. Purchase Non judicial stamp paper of Rs.100 and execute the deed, this will suffice your requirement.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Property is on the name of mother because father is die in 2009 we want to transferring ownership from mother to daughter , but sister have 3 brothers…

Read More

Brought stamp paper for worth rs 25000 one party has signed on it and now the deal has been delayed. What can I do some thing with those stamp paper a…

Read More

can a tourist get married in a Tourist Visa. what is the procedure for it?…

Read More

We have done arya samaj marriage from Delhi on last week know we are planning to register our marriage in court from jaipur?what is the procedure and …

Read More