Legal procedure to obtain noc denied by PSU to join another PSU

I have applied for resignation through proper channel but not at the time of my joining in another psu . Department is not allowed me to leave. What necessary action i should take against this matter.

Answers (2)

124 votes


Your terms of employment will be the best guide to check why they have denied you the relieving letter. If you think you are within the right and have not violated the terms of your employment, then a written notice to them should be the first step, followed by a legal notice if necessary.

No organization can bound the employees from seeking employment elsewhere.

Feel free to contact for any legal assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

187 votes

First of all you will have to be sure that you are not revoking any of the obligation of your current service. Another thing is whether you have followed proper procedure to give the resignation. If you have done so and still you are not getting the NOC then you can approach the appropriate legal forum as mentioned in your Agreement conditions or terms and conditions of your job For e.g. if there is arbitration clause in your agreement then you can invoke the arbitration regarding the issue raised.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles