Legal procedure to change the name on a sale deed

Hi, Good day! Agriculture land Property document registered with a namein 1986, whe n I am minor, and the name changed to another name  in 10th class, and all ID proofs are with the same name . Please advise process of changing the name on sale deed in India. Regards

Answers (2)

331 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

If your vendor is alive then both the parties can be make rectification deed by approach to the office of the District Registrar for more details kindly consult me through this website.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

251 votes

whereas there is no process of changing of name in the sale deed which has been already executed in 1986

first of all i want to know that whether the seller who has sold the property is alive ,

if he is alive you can get an rectification deed but the stamp duty is to be payable to the government as per present market value only.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Anup S Dhannawat
Borivali West, Mumbai
5 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles